Albums? Boxes? What type of holder?

Views: 16

Replies to This Discussion

Here are my current preferences based on all prior experiences over 20+ years as a collector.

1. Individual Card:
.A) In a sleeve with one of the corners cut. This allows you to get the card in and out of the sleeve without dinging a corner. The sleeve then goes in a top loader.
B.) Top loader-No screws(pressure), easy to get in and out of, and can store easily within a box lined up.

2. SETS:

* i. HIGH END/OLD SETS IN A BINDER:
A) Each card in a Pro Saver 2 Semi Rigid Card holder.
B) Each holder in a 4 card holder page(back to back=8 per page) if you want to display in an album.

ii. HIGH END/OLD SETS IN A BOX:
A) In a sleeve with one of the corners cut. This allows you to get the card in and out of the sleeve without dinging a corner. The sleeve then goes in a top loader.
B.) Top loader-No screws(pressure), easy to get in and out of, and can store easily within a box lined up.

3. EVERYTHING:
After stored in appropriate holders, I put everything in the large plastic tubs. This keeps everything together(helps with organization and protects from flooding, varmint and/or sprinklers.

*I have had cards in 9 card sleeves get warped/dented from humidity/pressure of metal binder.*

Note: If you want to still use 9 card card pages, line books/albums on the shelf like a book. Not on the sides piles up.

Hope this helps! Please let me know if you have tips for me!!!
Ben
For my own collection, I still like using plastic sheets and an album for cards under $10 because they display well and it makes it easy to flip through the pages quickly. For star cards, I would use an old school hard plastic plaque for older cards and those magnetic ones for newer ones. (Plastic sheets do not give me 100% confidence in keeping the cards protected).

Also, Card Saver I's (pre-1957) and Card Saver II's (modern size) can work quite well if you want to keep your collection efficient and "light". The only thing about Card Savers is that it takes a bit of practice getting cards in and and out without putting pressure on the cards' edges and corners. In this case, I do find it easier to use top loaders/penny sleeves in terms of ease.
Patrick Noll said:
For my own collection, I still like using plastic sheets and an album for cards under $10 because they display well and it makes it easy to flip through the pages quickly. For star cards, I would use an old school hard plastic plaque for older cards and those magnetic ones for newer ones. (Plastic sheets do not give me 100% confidence in keeping the cards protected).

Also, Card Saver I's (pre-1957) and Card Saver II's (modern size) can work quite well if you want to keep your collection efficient and "light". The only thing about Card Savers is that it takes a bit of practice getting cards in and and out without putting pressure on the cards' edges and corners. In this case, I do find it easier to use top loaders/penny sleeves in terms of ease.
I have been collecting cards since 1980 (and farther back as a kid in the late 50's) I have been putting them in plastic sheets and then into binders The card collecting has really come along why since the early 80,s. All plastic are NOT the same. You must put them in archieve plastic sheets and please use a "D" ring binder. I had to replace all my early sets with the new stile binders and plastic sheets. As Ben stated, put them on shelve like you see at your local Library.
Dennie Cunningham said:
Patrick Noll said:

RSS

Badge

Loading…

Videos

• Add Videos

© 2024   Created by Rich Mueller.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service